Are teens savvy shoppers or more like compulsive spenders?
Observing the spending habits of my teen daughter, I can say she is more a savvy shopper than a compulsive buyer.
- She saves money from her allowance to be able to afford to buy clothes and her cutesy jewelry items. How? By bringing packed snacks, water and cooked lunch to school.
- She is not one to buy branded clothes and would rather buy from Divisoria (the mother of all bazaar) of from her latest find with her classmates, from Cainta (or is it Taytay) where the clothes are really inexpensive.
- She scrutinizes every small bits and parts of the clothes she buys and she takes a sweet time doing that (much to our chagrin).
- She does not buy on impulse but rather looks for items she likes and goes back to it time and again if she doesn’t have enough budget to buy yet.
- She’d rather use money to get something like a nikon coolpix s220 charger than eat in a fancy and expensive restaurant or a concert ticket. She’d rather we eat at home and save the money to pay for meals in a restaurant.
Is your teen a savvy shopper? If not, perhaps you can teach him or her to be one.