Wash Loads of Love with Electrolux Time Manager Washing Machine
Being the primary person in charge of the household chores, it is not unusual for me to feel tired at the end of the day. The kitchen duties takes a lot of time but because I made use of pre-prepared freezer meals that I cook on an induction stove, the time and effort I put to doing these tasks are almost cut in half.
The main chore that really takes up a lot of my time and energy is the washing of clothes. I love washing clothes and I am really grateful that there are washing machines to help me (and millions more!) do these tasks easier than doing the old fashion way for handwashing.
I am not too fond of ironing clothes and if there’s another thing to be grateful about, aside from a thousand other things, is having a laundry shop nearby that takes care of my ironing needs
I have devised a flow/series of actions to make washing days (two times a week) easier:
- Three baskets for easier sorting: one for the whites which are mostly school uniforms, one for the colored tops and one for the lower body clothes.
- Schedule two laundry days during weekend and another one at the middle of the week. The laundry cycle is scheduled to make sure there are enough uniforms to get the kids by the whole week and if possible till Monday or Tuesday the next week (the weekend wash load).
- I use environmental-friendly bleach for the white clothes: distilled cane vinegar
- For stubborn stains mostly on the whites around the collar and the backside parts, I use a brush to remove dirt away, gently of course, to avoid putting stress on the cloth.
- Socks are soaked in soap and distilled cane vinegar “bleach” in a separate basin.
- Pockets are checked for spare change, tissue papers, handkerchiefs and papers like receipts and candy wrappers.
During the wash stage, the following are the tips I do using my more than 10 year old double tub top load washing machine:
- I put the delicates in a laundry bag.
- After I soak in laundry soap and vinegar and wash the white tops first, I spin-dry the clothes to remove the soap suds for easier rinsing later on.
- I repeat the process with the colored tops: spin-dry after washing with soap.
- I then load the tub for another batch of water and soap for the bottoms clothes and then again spin-dry to remove the soap suds.
Take note though that when doing spin-drying method, do not just put the clothes in the spin-dry tub. I fold the clothes carefully to avoid creases and wrinkles because I do not iron the clothes unless these are uniforms and those that we use for work.
Here is a nice tip: if you have shirts with deodorant stains in the armpit areas, spray these areas with the distilled cane vinegar and see the difference.
- I rinse the clothes twice without having the water spill out while the wash cycle is on to remove the suds because the suds have already been rinsed out. This way I do not use water unnecessarily. I also use fabric softener on the second load of rinsing.
Before I put the clothes on a hanger, I…
- shake the clothes to avoid the front and back parts as well as the armpit parts to stick together thereby creating creases and wrinkles.
- The hangers go under the tops and not through the neckline to avoid the neckline being pulled for the hanger. This way, the necklines are preserved and not looking like the tops have been used for a game of tug-o-war. Hah, I’ve seen clothes like these and not a good sight I must say.
- colored clothes are hanged to dry turned inside out
So, with all the things I need to do when I wash our clothes, it has been a dream of mine to be able to have a washing machine that will not just make washing easier, more clothes-friendly and more convenient to use and be able to conserve time, energy and lessen the consumption of water and electricity bills.
One of the newest washing machines I think answers all the things I listed above that embodies the best one in the market would be an Electrolux Time Manager front load washing machine.
- The Electrolux Time Manager Load Sensor feature that acts like a weighing scale which serves as a guide in selecting the perfect cycle and detergent recommendation for the wash load saving time, energy and water.
- Electrolux Time Manager Washing Machine helps remove household allergens by up to 99.9% through its Vapour Action (what a big help for my son who has allergic rhinitis and also to those with babies)
- The Electrolux Time Manager Refresh Cycle relaxes the fibers and steams out the wrinkles of the clothes which helps out in cutting down ironing (yey to this!!) No matter smelly clothes that have been left in the cabinets for months because the Refresh Cycle relaxes the creases and removes that odd smell of unused clothes.
- The Electrolux Time Manager has easy-to-use intuitive panel called IQ Touch which makes program settings as well as instructions easy to follow (I can probably tell my young children to go wash their dirty laundry using the Electrolux Time Manager washing machine )
Electrolux’s “Thinking of You” Philosophy is Electrolux’s way of taking care of their customers. The newly opened Electrolux Customer Service Hub is a haven for customers who want to choose and buy spare parts or consumables for their Electrolux and White Westinghouse appliances. Spare parts and accessories for small appliances as well as major ones and air conditioners are at least 80-90% available at the Electrolux Customer Service Hub.
Not that you need to avail these spare parts for your washing machine because consumers will notice that Electrolux washing machines have longer warranty service than other brands.
The Electrolux Customer Hub is a training facility as well to those wanting to be QUESTers Or Qualified Experienced Service Technicians.
The Electrolux Customer Service Hub is located at the Grundfos Building, 5548 Osmena Highway, Brgy. San Isidro, Makati City.
The Customer Care team can also be reached through email@example.com or 845-CARE (2273).
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!!!
Write in the comments section below your best laundry tip to make Laundry Time Wash Loads of Love. The best laundry tip will get the following items delivered right at your home:
- Electrolux Steam Iron ESI 515
- IKEA Silver Laundry Basket
- IKEA Children’s Clothes Hangers
- Surf Liquid Detergent
UPDATE: We have a WINNER:
Jemimah Joy Oriendo
Congratulations! Please reply to the message I sent you, thank you!
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 25th, 2013 at 10:55 pm and is filed under Anything Tech, Challenge Yourself, home management, Interesting tidbits, Just For Fun, Lessons in Life, Me, My Family. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.