Brigada Eskwela 2013 has started last Monday.
This is a joint effort by the Department of Education, the families of the students enrolled in all the public schools in the Philippines as well as the private corporations that wish to take part in this concerted effort.
We ourselves took part by joining last Monday. We brought cleaning materials to a particular high school.
I would have anted to donate books but the most we have at home are for elementary level so those are not needed in the school where we gave the cleaning materials to.
If you or you know anyone who have things that can be donated to a public school near your place, please approach the Principal or teachers-in-charge of these schools to know how to go to the process.
The following would be helpful:
- schools supplies (pens, pencils, pad papers, notebooks, big paper sheets like Manila paper, cartolina, art materials)
- books (or even tables and chairs) for the library
- computer software for their computer laboratory
- musical instruments (and probably musical sheets, best ableton software for music production, stands for musical sheets) because the DepEd has training to enhance the music curriculum to enhance musical abilities of the students
- cleaning materials to be used for the school year like brooms, dust pans, garbage bins
- building materials like paints, wood boards, and tin roof
This entry was posted on Monday, May 20th, 2013 at 6:07 am and is filed under Being a (Special Ed) Teacher, Challenge Yourself, Interesting tidbits, Philippines. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.