It has been four days that the children are cooped in their homes due to inclement weather conditions.
I am sure they are bored. Mine are definitely, and I am glad that they are our of my hair for now because they are staying with my MIL.
What can parents do to curb their boredom? Here are a few suggestions:
- ask them to read books, catch up on new lessons and past ones but be sure to supervise them otherwise…
- schedule computer time or online activities otherwise they would be at it the whole time
- if they attend music lessons, have them practice their songs, guitar tabs, drum beating, flute playing, never really mind if they are beating their Mapex Drums for more than an hour or so as long as they are busy
- if they are talented in the arts, allow them to be creative
- let them write their thoughts on paper
- for the bigger ones, if it is safe to venture out, bring them to volunteer centers where relief operations are being organized for them to help prepare relief kits
- make room clean-up and organization fun. I’m sure moms can think of how this can be done
Next week will prove to be challenging for these students because they need to catch up on a lot of lessons. Until then, enjoy their presence at home.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 at 11:01 am and is filed under Being a (Special Ed) Teacher, Challenge Yourself, Lessons in Life, Me, My Thoughts, Parenting. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.