I have scheduled a trip to the supermarket with two of my students.
We will not go there for the purpose of purchasing what they want to get. Here was the short process we did before the trip to the supermarket:
- We looked for recipes, simple ones that they can do at home. It can be a sandwich filling, or a pasta or a dish they want to try to cook.
- We discussed why they think they can do these simple recipes and why they may be able to like it.
- We listed down the ingredients needed to be purchased.
- They were asked to check whatever in the list that they already have at home to avoid buying duplicate ingredients.
- We listed down the estimated prices of these ingredients to know how much money they can bring with them.
This should be fun and simple. I hope I won’t forget to blog about it
This entry was posted on Saturday, July 14th, 2012 at 7:00 am and is filed under About Town, Being a (Special Ed) Teacher, Challenge Yourself, Interesting tidbits, Just For Fun, Teaching Techniques. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.