We didn’t have a router before but the techie hubby tinkered with my laptop and made it the “router” where everyone can connect to the internet. This gave me a bit of a headache because there are times when I myself can’t connect whereas they are still connected through me. So I had to wait for them (all other three of them) to logout just so I can restart my laptop. Argh! isn’t it?
Now this all changed because we now have a Cisco LinkSys E1000 Wireless-N Router with Parental Control settings, thanks to Mommy Mundo and Cisco.
What is Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router with Parental Control all about?
The LinkSys E1000 Wireless-N router package consists of:
1. Power cable
2. Quick installation guide
3. CD for installing the router and its settings
4. LAN/Ethernet cable
5. LinkSys E1000 Wireless-N Router
The LinkSys E1000 Wireless-N Router work can be easily installed and here’s a step-by-step instruction (please click on the photo to see a bigger resolution):
After inserting the CD, you need to
Set the parental control with the different gadgets you have in your home. You can set the time for the internet access to be made unnavigable to the gadgets you choose. Keywords can also be set for more parental control.
Personalize the settings according to what you feel should be for your family/home use:
Set the password and if you plan to stick to your settings, do not share the passwords with the children 😀
This is what the page will look like when your internet is blocked:
You can win a Cisco LinkSys E4200 Wireless-N Router with Parental Control by answering the survey questions below.
• Simultaneous Dual-Band N (2.4 & 5 GHz)
• Gigabit Ethernet 4-port switch
• Maximum speed up to 300 + 450 Mbps
• USB port for shared storage
• Built-In UPnP AV media server
If you want to win the Cisco Linksys E4200 Wireless Router worth almost P9,000 by just answering these questions:
1) How do you access Internet at home? 3G or Wifi connection?
2) Do you connect many Wi-fi devices (eg, smartphone, tablet, laptop,
wireless printer) at home? Yes or No. If yes, how many?
3) Do you have a wireless router at home? If yes, which brand are you using?
4) Which is the determine factor when choosing a home router for your
home? a) Brand / b) Performance / c) Price?
How to win:
- Just answer the survey questions in the comment section below from October 17 – October 24 and you get a chance to win that wonderful router.
- Write your full name and email address so I can contact you just in case I get the most number of respondents and get the chance to raffle off this device (please see below)
- You should have an NCR address (a relative’s or a friend’s NCR home address would do!) where the Cisco Linksys E4200 will be delivered by Mommy Mundo if you win
Please help spread this contest because if I get the most number of respondents to the survey, I get the chance to raffle this off to the lucky respondent* and I also win a gadget! Woohoo! Come on, let’s help each other 🙂
*There are 10 9 other mommy bloggers hosting this giveaway.
Let’s all help each other by spreading this good news.
Thank you all!
I got an email from Mommy Mundo yesterday and there is good news and bad news:
Bad news: if you posted response in any of the 10 participating mommy bloggers, you don’t increase your chances of winning because they will count the first comment as the valid one. So, if you answered my survey questions after you answered another blog’s, that comment counts as the other participating blog’s point. Buhuhuhu for me.
a) Readers may post only once and only in ONE (1) participating blog. Duplicate responses are not allowed. Only the survey response posted earlier will be counted.
but wait there’s more from Mommy Mundo:
Now to make things even more exciting, Mommy Mundo is also giving away a Linkys E4200 Router (worth P8,995)! So if you want to double your chances of winning, simply:
1) Join the CISCO LINKSYS Router BLOG CONTEST by following the mechanics above.
2) Leave a comment on this post along with your name and email address.
The winner of Mommy Mundo’s own Cisco giveaway will be announced on Oct. 28 as well!
Reminder: Only those who have commented/answered the survey in any of the 10 participating mom blogs can win in this Mommy Mundo giveaway so make sure to read the instructions very well! If the same winner is drawn for Mommy Mundo’s giveaway as for the Blog Contest, another name will be drawn for the prize.
This entry was posted on Monday, October 17th, 2011 at 6:55 am and is filed under Anything Tech, home management, My Family, Parenting. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.