Over at the FilipinoMomBlog.com, we are having a Fab Holiday Finds meme that I am sure those who are anticipating Christmas will enjoy writing posts about and sharing their finds.

Finds can range from the latest in electronic gadgets, to the most delicious ham ever tasted, cookies and cakes to die for, bargain Christmas trees and decors and even Persimmon trees for New Year luck, the tastiest lechon to the coolest places to where one can have these things and more. What else did I miss?

I have decided to make personalized Christmas gift tags. It was supposed to be done with the kids but they had other things in mind so I ended up starting the gift tags myself.

I enjoyed doing these even if when I came to, I realized that spendingΒ  time doing these as well as spending MORE than I intended to, I could have said I shouldn’t have done that yet I know I made the right choice.

Here is a closeup/link of one of the personalized Christmas gift tags while below is a photo of some of the personalized Christmas gift tags I made:

Below are the materials and costs I have incurred:

1. Craft scissors – PhP51.75 ($1.056 @ $1.00 – PhP49.00)
  2. Red flower patches ( 8 or so pieces) – PhP16.50 ( $0.336)
  3. Red circle shapes (10 or so pieces) – PhP13.50 ($0.275)
  4. Shimmery flower shapes ( 10 or more pieces) – PhP9.50 ($0.193)
  5. CordΒ  (5 meters) – PhP11.75 ($0.239)
  6. Red circle shapes (10 or more pieces) – Php13.50 ($0.275)
  7. Rhine studs (8 pieces) – PhP19.50 ($0.397)
  8. Red Construction Paper (10 pieces) – PhP42.75 ($0.872)
  9. Green Construction paper (10pieces) – PhP34.75 ($0.709)

The glue I had that at home, along with some other colored construction paper.

Overall expenses would be about PhP213.50 or $4.35.

I know, I could have bought several pieces of commercially available gift tags with this money but then, I know these are even more special because I made these myself πŸ™‚

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 at 12:15 am and is filed under FilipinoMomBlog, My Family, Philippines, Snapshots, Tags/Meme. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 Dec, 2008 @ 12:17 am

[…] is a more detailed version of one of the personalized Christmas gift tags I made last Sunday. I know it is not as fancy as the ones being commercially made but I still […]

2 Dec, 2008 @ 5:53 am

Hello Teacher Julie!

Bless your heart that you find the time to personalize the gift tags. It really makes it special to make some stuff yourself. I’m sure the recipients will be delighted.

Thanks for dropping by my blog even if I was missing in action in the blogosphere. Take care.

2 Dec, 2008 @ 7:56 am
Zriz said:

Wow! Cute gift tags Miss Julie! Love the meme, too…..I just won’t join because I won’t be shopping for Christmas this year! hehehehe πŸ™‚

2 Dec, 2008 @ 9:34 am

Thanks for dropping by Tina. I miss you in the blogosphere but whatever it is that keeps you busy offline must be very exciting because it keeps you away from it all πŸ™‚

Hugs to the little girl, I miss seeing her smiles and her new accomplishments πŸ™‚

2 Dec, 2008 @ 9:36 am

No shopping for you, that’s good, wish that could happen to me too πŸ™‚

2 Dec, 2008 @ 10:40 am
Zriz said:

hahahaha…oh well…you shouldn’t wish for that one…No shopping lang kasi I’m not with my family…actually I’m done sending gifts to Pinas…the box arrived one month before Christmas…hehehehe πŸ˜€

2 Dec, 2008 @ 11:21 am
lady cess said:

ang galing mo naman! ako, naku, wala ako talent dyan, kaya iko-kontrata na lang kita, hahaha!

[…] and her personalized gift tags – so creative! No Comments Christmas, Christmas shopping, holiday finds, Holidays and […]

2 Dec, 2008 @ 11:35 am
imom said:

Great idea, Julie! I’m sure your gifts’ recipients will be so wowed with your tags. Ang gaganda, you’re so creative pala. πŸ™‚

2 Dec, 2008 @ 2:11 pm
Cookie said:

very nice!! this would be a great activity to do with the kids πŸ™‚

2 Dec, 2008 @ 3:52 pm

Those are beautiful Julie! You’re so creative. I’m sure the recipient of your gifts will love the personalized gift tag.

2 Dec, 2008 @ 4:14 pm
Lynn said:

Wow Julie, me I don’t have the patience and the creativity to do these crafts. Even during elementary days ko pa, naku, I was not excited with crafting but I do admire creative people who can make beautiful things out of the simplest materials like my mom. Hindi ko minana sa kanya. πŸ˜€ Galing mo naman.

2 Dec, 2008 @ 5:19 pm
toni said:

More than the expenses saved, it’s the labor of love that makes these tags priceless!

2 Dec, 2008 @ 8:20 pm
Jenn said:

Thanks for the invitation to join the meme, teacher!

I agree with you. Doing something personal always win over the bought ones. I love those flower patches. Where did you buy them?

My Fab Find is posted here.

3 Dec, 2008 @ 12:19 am
ajay said:

So pretty and so creative!

3 Dec, 2008 @ 11:40 am
Dexie said:

ooohhh, those are pretty. still haven’t decided if I should make the tags this year. maybe a few πŸ™‚

[…] Here is one idea: Personalized Christmas Gift Tags. […]

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:08 am

Thanks, LadyCess πŸ˜€

Naku, patsamba-tsamba lang naman ito, kapag sinipag. The kids and I started na din with some paper crafts for the tree πŸ™‚

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:13 am

Daanin na lang sa tags, wag na sa gifts πŸ˜€

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:28 am

Thanks Cookie. We started doing some paper crafts for the tree yesterday. I hope we can continue today πŸ™‚ Try mo din with the kids.

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:44 am

Thanks Rachel πŸ™‚

Dinaan na lang sa tags eh, ahihihi!

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:50 am

Lynn, if not for those embellishments being being sold at NBS, I wouldn’t be able to make these πŸ˜€

But then, yesterday, the kids and I started on some paper crafts for the tree, we might continue today after we study πŸ™‚

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:51 am

Yes, Toni, daanin na lang sa tags kasi labor of love ito πŸ˜€

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:54 am

Thanks Jenn.

And FYI, I plan to “copy” your photo ornaments πŸ˜€

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:55 am

Thanks Ajay πŸ™‚

4 Dec, 2008 @ 8:58 am

Thanks Dexie.

With your cricut, of course you can do a few πŸ˜‰ Love that equipment.

[…] Fab Holiday Find: Personalized Gift Tags […]

[…] these using whatever that catches your fancy. I used the personalized Christmas gift tags‘ leftover scrapbook […]

[…] materials used for these were from the personalized gift tags, white gift wrappers, and silver cord. Scrapbook embellishments plus red and green sequins were […]

27 Sep, 2009 @ 9:28 am

[…] gave away bargain books wrapped in Japanese paper with personalized gift tags attached. The gifts looked nice, if I may say […]

[…] the one on the receiving end. Add some wonderful holiday cards like the personal gift cards we have every Christmas and gift-giving becomes very exciting […]

21 Jul, 2013 @ 11:17 am

[…] as junk. Craft products like bags, notepads, wind chimes, paper houses, Christmas tree decorations, gift cards, even personalized wholesale envelope printing are not just usable but can help them earn a bit for […]

[…] we bake at home, it has been our practice to give baked goodies to friends. (see photo above) β€’ Personalized gift tags. You can either print these yourself or make from scratch. We always opt for the latter. β€’ If you […]