Money is always an issue when it comes to getting specialized intervention services or therapy services for special needs students here in the Philippines.

Here are the reasons why:

• For children diagnosed as having special needs, the government does not provide for, as far as I know, individualized instruction, after-school tutorial services and client-specific special education services in the schools.
  • There are ( a lot) public schools that offer special education services but these are not as intensive as should be. Why? Simply because there is no budget that would allow the services to happen. Things like teacher trainings and materials require some costs.

Here is an example of how it happens with those in the rural areas. You will probably feel a pinch when you read this.

Yes, there are instances when it is the teacher who does these things and more, usually from her heart and good intentions but without compensation.

• Other therapy services like speech and language, occupational and even physical therapy services are not readily available for free in the government-run hospitals. Patients have to pay for a minimal fee but they have to be placed in a waiting list or are being given intervention in groups. There may be some hospitals that provide these services utilizing the students earning their degrees, but again, these are not enough to accommodate those who are in need of these services. Some of these hospitals are the Philippine Children’s Medical Center and the Philippine General Hospital, these are just what I know of. The Veterans’ Memorial Medical Center offers speech therapy too but the fee is not as low as the two hospitals. If I missed a hospital, please feel free to let me know.
  • To even realize that it is only the University of the Philippines in Manila that offers the course of Speech and Language Pathology shows how much these professionals are in demand. I wouldn’t even want to think how many of them are still here since a lot has gone abroad already.
  • Getting into a special education program is NOT ENOUGH to help children diagnosed as having developmental problems.

Why?

A special education teacher is trained to teach children with special needs in a classroom setting. Although she can provide evaluation services to know the skills of her students, she can not, should not, in any way, say what she thinks the problem is with a child, especially a child who has not been “officially” given a diagnosis.

That is the role of the developmental pediatrician or a child psychologist or a child psychiatrist. No matter how much the parents pressure her in telling her what she thinks is the matter, she can elaborate the problems but not say that the child has autism or ADHD.

In a special education class, not all the needs of the children with special needs can be addressed.

These needs that need to be addressed by other professionals in the field are: work and behavior management which should be addressed by an occupational therapist; and the speech-language processing which should be addressed by a speech-language therapist.

The special education teacher should work in collaboration with these professionals along with the parents/caregivers and the doctor(s) so that she can incorporate their goals with her goals for the child.

And now I will go back to the issue of money.

Truth is, here in the Philippines, starting from the diagnosis down to the getting of specialized intervention, money rules parents should prepare financial means to be able to get the best services for their children. Grim but true.

• A visit to the developmental pediatrician has to be paid. Depending on the child’s condition, this can happen every three, six, eight months or every year.
  • A visit to the child psychologist for an intensive testing happens every year, if this was recommended by the developmental pediatrician. This is twice or thrice the amount to be paid compared to the developmental pediatrician. If it is up to me, I would recommend this visit with ALL the children having special needs but then again, the fee is really high.
  • An evaluation by a speech-language therapist has to be paid, and so this happens too with an occupational therapist. And an evaluation too, from a special education teacher who is not the child’s classroom teacher.
  • Payment for private schools that cater special children range anywhere from PhP50,000 – PhP120,000 PhP200,000 ($1,136 – 2700 $4500 with exchange rate of PhP44 to $1).
  • What about field trips?
  • Special diets?
  • Extra learning materials for home use?
  • Gasoline and parking fee for the therapy session?
  • Snacks to bring for the therapy session?
  • Side trip to a restaurant or to the mall after the therapy session?
  • Caregiver compensation AND payment for caregiver seminars.

There could be more to this list but I will leave this list as such and hope those who will read this post will not be discouraged.

If you are still here, then permit me to tell you what a parent of a student told another parent: “Do not think about the expenses you have to shell out, for in the end, you cannot turn back the clock if your child did not progress and he will have a hard time complying to the program made especially for him. No amount of money can ever replace the development that our children can achieve.”

~o0o~

1. I am closing the comments for this post.
  2. If you have any inquiries about school directories for enrolling as a future special education teacher, I want to tell say right now that I do NOT have a list of such schools/universities.
  3. For parents or concerned persons wanting to know about special ed schools near where YOU live, I also want to say that I do NOT have a list of these schools.
  4. Please read my Dear Readers of my Special Education Posts which can be found in the upper right hand portion of my sidebar, under pages.
  5. If you have any inquiries, email these through webmaster(at)teacherjulie(dot)com

Thank you.

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 14th, 2008 at 5:25 pm and is filed under Being a (Special Ed) Teacher, Challenge Yourself, My Thoughts, special education. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.

15 Aug, 2008 @ 7:55 am
lady cess said:

oo nga, UP manila lang ang nago-offer ng ganyang course. maybe UST should be offering the course as well.

15 Aug, 2008 @ 11:35 am

The Occupational Therapy is being offered in a lot of universities. The Special Ed course used to be only taught in UP Diliman and PNU, now it is being offered in some universities too.

At least, we have more professional in the field though a lot study this course to go abroad.

15 Aug, 2008 @ 5:27 pm
Sexy Mom said:

you could consider this as an advocacy, my dear. good luck

15 Aug, 2008 @ 6:18 pm
jammedgirl said:

Do you know someone who is offering a home speech therapy?
Thanks!

16 Aug, 2008 @ 12:30 pm
Belle said:

my gosh, private schools for the special children are way too expensive, which leaves out the poor ones..how sad!!

16 Aug, 2008 @ 11:14 pm

Jammed Girl, I will be emailing you privately. Thanks.

16 Aug, 2008 @ 11:16 pm

Belle, the price I set was a bit lower pa, I had it updated. I don’t want to comment na lang on the fees ;)

17 Aug, 2008 @ 2:55 am
feng said:

this is so true and how sad ito. unlike in the US, I read in autism resources that there are government programs like subsidized to free theraphies for special children.

[…] has commented in a recent post I wrote about me making an advocacy in helping those who need help regarding getting or giving […]

17 Aug, 2008 @ 10:02 am
Charles said:

Hi Teacher Julie,
Do you know someone who is offering a OT home services as well as speech therapy? We are in mandaluyong area.

Thanks

19 Aug, 2008 @ 1:41 pm

Feng, everything is free there, as long as the child qualifies the criteria they have set.

For those homeschooling with special needs, I have read the NY will not be subsidizing their therapy services unless they enroll in the public school system. Kahit na, libre pa din yun :D

19 Aug, 2008 @ 1:46 pm

Charles, I emailed you privately twice (Sunday and Monday night) already. I hope you got my emails.

22 Aug, 2008 @ 2:20 pm
vanessa said:

i am so interested to join in the field..what school in NCR is offering such course??? sana po matulungan nyo ako matagal na akong nag-se-search kung anung school ang nag-o-offer ng SPED course.. thank you!! godbless!!

24 Aug, 2008 @ 11:17 am
Jan said:

Hey Julie,

Just read your post and I would say it is exactly as you’ve described. What’s so strange is that the government claims they have all these special trainings/programs but almost all teachers are not aware of these programs. With regards to the so-called services they provide, they might as well not exist because there is absolutely no budget for said services. I was a volunteer teacher in a Government SPED center for half a year and I was speechless. The classrooms were dark, no paint (just concrete), no lights and doorknobs…the room looked like a WAREHOUSE rather than a classroom plus they’ve got all these children with various disabilities and learning levels all in ONE class. EVERYTHING WAS JUST SO MESSED UP.

24 Aug, 2008 @ 6:10 pm
maja said:

Hi teacher julie,

I stumbled upon your website. I am a psychology teacher from Legazpi City, Albay. I am working for a psychological services center in our school, and I am wondering if you know of anybody who gives seminars and talks about special ed? I would really appreciate if you could give me a few names, and their contact information. Thanks!

26 Aug, 2008 @ 9:46 am
Rafa said:

Hi Teacher Julie,

Just want to know if you where you are holding your sped services? also, do you know a sped teacher or speech therapist who does home services? please let me know. We are near fairview area.

Thanks so much.

26 Aug, 2008 @ 3:24 pm

Charles, did you get the email I sent you? I have already talked to an OT who is willing to do home service. I will give you her number and I will give her your number too.

Please email me back. Thank you.

26 Aug, 2008 @ 3:50 pm

Vanessa, are you going to enroll with an undergrad course or grad studies?

I am not sure what schools offer the course but UP Diliman have this as an undergrad as well as grad studies. DLSU (grad), UST (undergrad) and PNU (undergrad and grad) have this course too. Also try those colleges with Education courses if they offer special ed as a major.

Hope I was able to help you.

26 Aug, 2008 @ 4:42 pm

Jan, I know what you are talking about, or maybe I don’t.

I have read about these and have heard first hand stories from teachers I have met, one is my husband’s aunt who worked as a special ed teacher in one of the Padre something schools in the city of Manila. Visually-impaired, those with mental retardation, hearing-impaired, children with autism, ADHD and LD are together in one classroom.

I have yet to see these situations personally, not that I intend to take over the class rooms and do a makeover, lol, far from it. I am just writing a post about this so people would know, and perhaps some generous ones will be able to do help in their own way.

This is going to be a lengthy discussion if I write down my opinion about why this is probably happening. For those typically developing students (ok then, “normal”) they lack so many things that they can use to make learning more interactive, how much more would these materials be provided for those with special needs? That is a long shot.

Thanks for the visit and for bravely telling what you have experienced as it was :)

26 Aug, 2008 @ 5:11 pm

Maja, perhaps you can contact the ADHD Society of the Philippines and Autism Society of the Philippines http://www.autismsocietyph.org/home.html or the Down Syndrome Society of the Philippines http://www.dsapi.org/ if they can organize a seminar in your place.

Better yet, since you work in the Psychology department, you can probably contact Psychology Association of the Philippines (PAP).

I hope me answer will help you.

26 Aug, 2008 @ 5:14 pm

Rafa, please wait for my private email to you.

26 Aug, 2008 @ 10:56 pm
analyse said:

That’s exorbitant but yes, no amount of money could ever replace the development that a child needs. Here in France, what I know is that most of the finances are shouldered by the government, but then, the institutions are not enough to accomodate everybody. The waiting list is quite long too..

29 Aug, 2008 @ 7:07 am

Ana, which reminds me, public school education is free here, yes, but the families of the urban poor sometimes do not send their children to school. I am worried about the future of this country especially since they are the ones who make up the population :(

Anyway, going to these special school is like a privilege, if you ask me. Paying for a 100k+ for preschool? Even if the waiting list is long there, at least, expenses are shouldered.

Thanks for the visit :)

4 Sep, 2008 @ 12:10 am
Cecille said:

nag inquire na po ako sa PNU, pero my undergrad course was not education kaya kailangan mag aral pa ako ng CPT, 30 units din, before I can study sped. Mural ang talaga sa PNU kaya lang medyo matagal na pag aaral dun sa mga non educ ang undergrad course. meron ho ba kayong alam na school wherein I can study sped withouth taking up CPT? Ang alam ko lang ay La Salle, kaya lang I can’t afford iyong school fees nila

Ang gusto ko din sana while I’m studying sped, gusto ko din mag volunteer sa sped school, para merong actual training din.

I have a heart for children. Sayang nga kasi hindi Education ang pinag aralan ko nung nasa college ako. Later ko lang na realize na masaya ako pag nagtuturo ako. I had my teaching experience in Thailand..as an ESL Teacher for Kindergarten..aksidente lang na nakapagturo ako dun..it was not my intention..then, na realize ko, gusto ko pa lang magturo but I need to learn. I have a heart but I don’t have the knowledge and proper training yet.

I’m glad I’ve found this site :-)

6 Sep, 2008 @ 1:46 pm
annamanila said:

So special children should be given to special parents with special resources and a great capacity for patience and TLC. Unfortunately ….. (haaay).

11 Sep, 2008 @ 2:54 pm
lhet said:

hi cecille,

you can try TIP CUBAO they are offering TCP class, it will take you 1 sem only, 18 units na, maganda ang program nila, and the professors are really good, they come from PNU and UST. madami na kasi ako napagtanungan na school na nagrequire ng units sa educ before makakuha ng SPED, gagraduate na ko sa TCP ngaun, next sem makakuha na ko ng SPED.
and im also interested in teaching ESL anong school ang may magandang offer ng program and affordable yung tuition fee?

11 Sep, 2008 @ 2:59 pm
lhet said:

hi, teacher julie,

may mga institution ba dito or schools na tumatangap ng mga volunteers sa pagtuturo sa mga special children? I really want to teach and learn more about them, I know hindi enough if magrely ako sa teachings sa school, hope you can help me, and also which school offers a good program sa SPED,

thanks.

12 Sep, 2008 @ 6:17 am

Cecille, did you get the private email that I sent you last Sept 4?

I will be sending you a reply to my post re getting some units for your course.

12 Sep, 2008 @ 6:29 am

Lhet, i sent your comment to Cecille, i hope you would be able to communicate with her re ESL schools because I do not know any schools that offer that course.

Re volunteering, my apologies too because I do not know any school who are accepting volunteers. Schools are a bit wary of getting volunteers for security reasons. One reason too would be volunteers are just out to get experiences then they will just out thee volunteer days as teaching experiences especially if they are applying for abroad.

Maybe you should try government run institutions like those children’s homes though I am not sure too if they accept volunteers.

I wish you the best in your pursuit of getting a special education course.The schools I can recommend are PNU and UP.

12 Sep, 2008 @ 6:40 am

So true AM. Deep pockets with lots of resources, But you know, sometimes, paying for the most expensive services doesn’t mean that one gets the best. ;)

12 Sep, 2008 @ 10:12 pm
cecille said:

kumuha na po ako ng entrance exam sa PNU last sunday, i hope i can pass it..kaya lang tagal pa bago malaman ang result…and Lhet if you will study SPED..ang PNU ang the best kasi very affordable but sad to say that they won’t honor the CPT that you studied in other school..gusto nila sa PNU din kumuha ng CPT..and it’s not 18 units..it’s 30units…mga 3 sems din iyon…i think la salle offers ESL program

16 Sep, 2008 @ 9:22 am
len said:

hi tr julie,

im currently working on with my thesis entitled “group counseling and students with adhd: an exploratory study” group counseling will be use as an alternative tool in helping the students with this kind of special need. it is actually an experimental study and i need to contact schools who will be interested/allow me to conduct the study.

do you have list of sped schools preferrably here in south (alabang – sta. rosa). thanks. Godbless

16 Sep, 2008 @ 10:29 am
carla said:

teacher julie,

can u email me the list of sped school here in manila offering M.A in sped??and also whats the best on the list…as well also the schools wherein i can work for while taking my M.A in sped?

Hope for your immediate response!

16 Sep, 2008 @ 11:57 am
diane said:

hello good day.I am really interested in teaching special children. I am a graduate of nursing and I wanted to know how many units do i have to take in sped in order for me teach? thank you

16 Sep, 2008 @ 3:15 pm

Diane, I sent an email to the email account you included. Hope you got it and hope you give me feedback, if there is some feedback.

16 Sep, 2008 @ 3:16 pm

I gave you an immediate response through your email address, Carla.

16 Sep, 2008 @ 8:34 pm
Teacher Kaye said:

I worked as Special Ed teacher for about 2 years in a NGO-run special school. Currently, I’m teaching in the public school system here in Bicol, and at the same time, graduate school student ng M.A. in SPED. Honestly, mas enjoy ako sa SPED magturo kesa sa regular school. Mabigyan lang ng pagkakataon, babalik ako ng SPED. Di matatawaran na fulfillment ang magtrabaho para sa mga batang may kapansanan.

Based from my experience, isa sa mga “reklamo” or concern ng mga “well-off” parents na may anak na exceptional ay tumatagal ng 1 to 3 months ang paghihintay nila bago sila maaccommodate ng mga developmental pediatricians, sa sobrang dami ng appointments. And to think, mangilan ngilan pa lang naman sila(dev. pedia) dito sa Pilipinas. Kalimitan nasa Maynila pa sila naka-base.

may mga foundations din naman na nag-ooffer ng sped/rehab services para sa mga batang may kapansanan para sa mga clients na hindi kaya ang mahal na bayarin, pero in the long run, titigil din ang mga magulang sa pagdadala ng mga bata sa sped/rehab center kasi sa pamasahe pa lang, di nila kayang i-maintain.

20 Sep, 2008 @ 9:25 pm
sierra said:

hi teacher julie!
may i ask if you know speech therapists in taguig/makati areas?
i’m also interested with the SPED school list.
thanx for all the wonderful info in this site!
you’re doing a great job!

21 Sep, 2008 @ 7:51 pm
Hannah said:

Hi Julie,

I am a special needs teacher of children with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties in the UK. I have recently been selected to travel to Manila on a research trip ran by the British council. I have heard conflicting things about special education in the Philippines. The government website’s vision for SEN seems very positive and inclusive, however I have heard stories of institutionalization and more emphasis on care of the children rather than education. I would love to hear your opions on this and also the names of some SEN schools worth visiting during my time in Manila.

Thanks, Hannah

23 Sep, 2008 @ 6:58 am
Shane Castillo said:

Hi Teacher Julie,
Would you know of a school for my 7 year old daughter diagnosed to be mildly austistic within the QC area, which doesnt cost a fortune?
I’ve been searching but to no avail, would really want her to go to school but resources (time & money) are scarce.
Hope you could help me out.

Thanks,Shane

24 Sep, 2008 @ 6:54 am

Teacher Kaye, its true, most of the doctors are here in the NCR. I think developmental pediatrics is just becoming to make a name, so to speak, and is a relatively new field here in the Philippines.

Families in the province really spend a fortune to be able to come here for an appointment with them and have a home program done by therapists for their children.

2-3 months is not a long time since there are doctors, especially the pioneers, who can only accommodate new patients after 6-8 months.

Did you read the link I included in this post? If not, please click this link: http://www.simplybelle.net/a-plea-for-help-for-the-young-and-mentally-challenged/

Thank you for taking the time to email. God bless :)

24 Sep, 2008 @ 6:57 am

Sierra, please remind me to email you re therapy centers just in case I have forgotten to get back to you :)

24 Sep, 2008 @ 7:00 am

Thank you Hannah. I have sent you an email.

24 Sep, 2008 @ 7:08 am

Shane we exchanged emails already but i still have something to ask you. Please send me your contact number through my email address in the contact form on the upper left side of this blog, and not in this comments section.

Thanks.

25 Sep, 2008 @ 12:56 pm
renelyn m. pizarra said:

hi, tulungan nyo naman ako humanap ng affordable na developmental pedia near taguig area. kailangan ko kc sa anak ko pero medyo kapos income namin.. please!!

26 Sep, 2008 @ 9:27 am
Lorna said:

Hi,
I am a BSE graduate and gusto ko sana kumuha ng special training course sa SPED. I heard ang R.E.A.C.H nag ooffer ng training and they said that they are TESDA accredited. I just want to know if certification of SPED specialization is enough to apply as a teacher in U.S.

26 Sep, 2008 @ 4:05 pm

Renelyn, I have emailed you privately. Please acknowledge if you got it.

26 Sep, 2008 @ 4:08 pm

I have emailed you Lorna. Please acknowledge if you got my email.

26 Sep, 2008 @ 9:03 pm
victor said:

mam,

ask ko lng po san pa po ang school na ngooffer ng sped courses po

28 Sep, 2008 @ 10:04 pm
aiza said:

hi,

i am a registered nurse. just graduate dis april 2008 and i am interested in special education. i really want to study.. is it okei if special course lng ung kunin q kc may friend is actually studying sped and after 9mos graduate na xa.. gusto q po sana ganun.. do u have of skuls na nag ooffer ng sped?? ok po ba sa university of visayas.. ung branch nila d2 sa ncr?? pls. feel free to write ur suggestions.. tenk u maam!!! god bless!!!

30 Sep, 2008 @ 11:34 pm
Ice Pascua said:

Hi Teacher Julie,

I graduated with a degree of Bachelor in secondary education. I did not practice it because it was not really my choice. Now I want to try to be a teacher but not as a high school teacher but a Special Education teacher. Do you conduct trainings on weekends so I can try to apply since I am a very busy person. If not, may I know if there are any school conducting SPED training. Thanks.

Ice

1 Oct, 2008 @ 9:39 am

Victor, I emailed you my response. Please acknowledge if you got my email.

1 Oct, 2008 @ 9:57 am

Thanks for replying to my email/response to your inquiry, Aiza.

1 Oct, 2008 @ 8:35 pm
aiza said:

hi,

am going to take 18units of education in pnu… actually plan q plang xa pwo sure na aq.. maybe dis sem.. lapit nah!! wwaaahhh… am student again!! required pla na may 18units of educ bago mag sped so mag aral nlang aq ulit.. am excited pwo d q alam pumunta pnu.. tanong nlang cguro aq but i called pnu already so may info na din aq bawt sped.. kunti nga lang… tenks!! ur blog is a big help!!

3 Oct, 2008 @ 3:56 pm
abbie said:

Hello poh.. Im abbie a third year student at ue. actually meron na rin poh SPED course sa U.E and were the first batch. Our school aside from up are the first ones to offer it last 3 years together with the other universities. my course is actually Elementary Education major in sped our programs are very educational becAuse base on my experience the things that my professor teaches me were all true because you see i’m also working as a part time teacher assistant at Laro, Lapis at libro it’s a sped school also. A lot of universities are offering SPED courses because of it’s demand

4 Oct, 2008 @ 7:21 am

Abbie,

Its good to know that UE has this course too and that those they are teaching are practical and useful to you. What branch of UE have this?

PNU has this course for a long time and so does UP (as undergrad and grad courses) and a several years ago, it has been offered as a graduate course
in DLSU.

I refer those who are inquiring about taking the course to the three schools I have mentioned above because these offer graduate degree courses, which those who are inquiring need, since most of them have already have heir own degrees. Does UE offer graduate course majoring in special Ed?

The school where you work as part-time that you mentioned, I think a few of those who go to the intervention center I work also got there, I just don’t know who these children are.

Thank you.

4 Oct, 2008 @ 7:24 am

Congratulations, Aiza. Thank you too for trusting my advise not to enroll in certificate courses and going the traditional but surer way, even if it is a long process.

I wish you well.

23 Oct, 2008 @ 11:47 am
lhet said:

hi, teacher julie.

I just say that this site really help me make a good decision, I’m about to take na sana the certificate in SPED and not from a good school, but when i “accidentally” view this site, I was able to realize na mas maganda na mag take ako sa mga university and take a Masters degree in SPED, mas maganda ang program ng subjects.

thanks…

28 Oct, 2008 @ 8:54 pm
armel said:

I am planning to put up SPED school here in LB. having read this article, I am more convinced to open it to less fortunate children with disabilities.

29 Oct, 2008 @ 9:54 am
minette said:

hi teacher!!!!
im minet fr bxu…id like to know how many units r needed in prof ed if i’ll proceed sped?tnx a lot

4 Nov, 2008 @ 7:29 pm
michael said:

hi teacher!
nice blog! i totally agree with the points you raised regarding Special Ed schools in our country. by next year i will be back in the Philippines after joining teacher exchange program here in US. i would love to collaborate with you on your cause. as soon as i be back home i intend to teach in a teacher training institution.

please tell me how i could be of help in advocating for the cause of Special Ed in our country.

11 Nov, 2008 @ 9:23 am
lina said:

dear teacher julie,

just wanna say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the concern and dedication in teaching our children with special needs. just lately i looked for some private schools that has special education class but really i can’t afford to enroll my child specially in my situation as a sole provider in the family. aside from sending him to special school he has to take his medication for epilepsy that’s why i am begging you to please give my child another year in the sped unit.
thank you very much for everything.
God bless for your endeavor.

mom lina

11 Nov, 2008 @ 5:28 pm
Gina said:

Hi mam julie,

I need a speech therapist for my 5-yr old daughter in Makati area preferably available on Saturdays or ;SUndays or can offer home lessons. Thanks

12 Nov, 2008 @ 1:42 am
dadimarlon said:

hi teacher julie,
my first time here in your site. My daughter and I will be moving from UPLB to UPDIL next schoolyear. my daughter has cerebral palsy and I was wondering if you know some schools near UPdil or Ateneo that fits her needs. thank you very much nd God bless you!

12 Nov, 2008 @ 11:38 am
carol said:

hi tchr Julie,

do you have a list of SPED schools (for high school)here in Mandaluyong?

23 Nov, 2008 @ 2:05 am
Karla said:

Hi Teacher Julie! :) Currently, I am a senior nursing student but I would like to take up SPED after I graduate. I feel that my heart is in teaching and I really enjoy my duties at NCMH and RSCC more than my hospital duties.

Can you please recommend me some schools where I can take up this course? I have provided my email in the form. I would like to weigh my options as early as now. If it is possible that I can take up this course in a shorter time, than it would be better as long as I receive quality education.

Thank you in advance. God bless! :)

23 Nov, 2008 @ 2:57 pm
Karla said:

Thanks Teacher Julie for the advice. :)

3 Dec, 2008 @ 5:33 pm
Stephanie said:

Hello teacher Julie! I am also one of those who are interested in taling up SPED course. Hopefully next year :). I already inquire PNU but one of their requirements for masteral since i already have bachelors degree is to have a one year teaching experience. Im planning to have certificate in teaching and then after that to get the masteral degree. Do you know school aside from UP that offers MA degree but cheaper cost. Thank you so much :)

14 Dec, 2008 @ 8:50 pm
Joanna Suquila said:

Hi teacher Julie!

I believe being a SPED teacher is a mission. I am very interested to take SPED and fulfill the mission that God has plan for me. Please send me a list/directory of SPED schools here in the Phils. especially Metro Manila area. Thank you very much and God bless!

15 Dec, 2008 @ 4:25 pm
Jepthe Subagan said:

Hi Teacher Julie,

I just passed the LET last Sep 2008 and i was trying to get some information on graduate studies in SPED. I took up my Certificate in Professional Teaching in PLM and they also are offering MA in SPED you may Inquire on this number 527 5739 – this is PLMs graduate school. for those who want to take the admission test sabi nila sa February daw and start for the SUMMER Class of 2009.

Hope this Help!

16 Dec, 2008 @ 4:23 am
Jepthe Subagan said:

Hello again,

I just finished work and thank you so much teacher Julie for the email. I heard about what you have said on the expedite course in SPED. The lady that I talked to yesterday afternoon confirmed to me that they stopped offering the fast track course already.

cheers!

16 Dec, 2008 @ 11:49 pm
Amor said:

Hi To All,

I finished my MA in SPED last month (thesis) and to tell you honestly it’s really difficult to find a school that offers a job as a sped teachers. Please inform me if there’s anything you can help about my concern. I want to be a part of their life, and I want to give them hope that everything is possible as long as we believe to their own strength. We just need to be patient and be supportive to the kids who needs us most.

love and care,
Amor

3 Jan, 2009 @ 7:33 pm
Gie said:

Hi. I’m a sophomore college student and I wanna shift to SPED. I was wondering if you have a list of the schools who offers the said course? :)

It shall be highly appreciated :)

4 Jan, 2009 @ 1:40 pm
_angelie_ said:

,hey…i wud just want to thank you for the concern given to these special students..as a matter of fact,i am sophomore student of special education.. i do agree that there is a great deal of concern reagrding the provisiovns and the programs and services offered by the government to the special students. there is a huge lack of coordination among government agencies and the sped schools..

5 Jan, 2009 @ 2:51 pm

5 Jan, 2009 @ 2:54 pm

I wish you the best in your endeavor, Amor :)

5 Jan, 2009 @ 3:00 pm

I emailed you, please acknowledge if you got it.

5 Jan, 2009 @ 3:05 pm

Stephanie I think UP and PNU would be the cheaper (though UP i think is also expensive nowadays) compared to other private universities. The fact that these have been teaching the courses for a long time make these even more reliable compared to others.

5 Jan, 2009 @ 3:10 pm

Thanks for the input Angelie.