Posted by julie @ 3:12 pm

One of the fun activities for children is TV viewing. I know, I enjoyed this immensely when I was a child, watching TV upon coming home from school, when I have my snack or when I do my homeworks (I hope my children would not be able to read this, lol).

Whenever i have time to watch at noon whenever go home for lunch from school (yes, we can go home for lunch), I watch Return Engagement on RPN9 especially when Dorothy Hamill is featured ice skating.

The shows I loved watching in our TV enclosed in a wooden cabinet with sliding doors and blue anti-radiation film as protection (no, not like a pop up TV) are Sesame Street, The Electric Company which is also a Sesame Street production, The Secrets of Isis (an Egyptian woman warrior who brings out her triangle pendant with the eye when she transforms into a superhero), Jacques-Yves Cousteau‘s Undersea World and Land of the Lost.

Anna Liza and Flor de Luna were also a hit then but I prefer watching the former.

What about…

Voltes V, Mazinger Z and this other anime robot I can’t recall.

Sing with me please…”Tatoe arashi ga hukou tomo…”

What about Little House on the Prairie, Charlie’s Angels (I still enjoyed reruns during the late 90s), BJ and the Bear, Bionic Woman, Bionic Man, Linda Carter as Wonder Woman and Bill Bixby as The Incredible Hulk.

Oh, what about Batman’s punches that say “Kapow!”

During weekends, I love watching Star Rangers (of course, I was Star Ranger #4 in our group at school while my seat mate Rodel was Star Ranger #1), Kaluskos Musmos (while eating chicken arroz caldo which was already a special meal for me). I can’t remember what else I watch on weekends, maybe I don’t watch a lot during these times, too busy to play.

I had fun trying to remember the shows I love to watch as a kid. So many fun shows to watch I must admit it was hard balancing studying and TV viewing then 😀

What were your favorite TV shows as a child?

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 7th, 2008 at 3:12 pm and is filed under Information, Interesting tidbits, Television. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Aug, 2008 @ 6:43 pm
Mitch said:

Mine was Batibot hehe!

7 Aug, 2008 @ 6:54 pm

So, kilala mo sila Pong at Kiko? Hindi ko na masyado pinanood yan, siguro medyo me konting edad na ako niyan 😀

Some of my students go to the school of one of the Batibot creator/producer (not sure). Her school is a non-traditional school.

7 Aug, 2008 @ 6:55 pm
Lynn said:

Julie, magka-batch talaga tayo. I know all these shows and most of your faves are my faves too – Sesame St., Elec Co., Little House on the Prairie…I remember the two pretty Melissas – Melissa Sue Anderson and Melissa Gilbert.

7 Aug, 2008 @ 7:00 pm
Cookie said:

Donnie and Marie show, Mork and Mindy, Mighty Thor, Superfriends, Electric Company, and Bionic Woman. Ka-birthday ko nga si Lindsay Wagner eh. Charlie’s Angels pa pala tsaka Welcome Back Kotter.

Medyo magkakaedad nga tayo..hahaha 😀

7 Aug, 2008 @ 9:27 pm
geri said:

Channel 9 lang kami sa Ormoc nuon, kaya Flor de Luna fanatic ako. I also watched Daimos at Star Rangers. But I was familiar with the title Return Engagement but don’t remember the shows. Nice topic.

8 Aug, 2008 @ 7:15 am

sabi ng papa ko, paborito ko raw noon ang voltes V at mazinger Z. pero i dont remember having watched mazinger Z, siguro toddler pa ako. voltes V tandang-tanda ko.

8 Aug, 2008 @ 4:08 pm
Mitch said:

Pati si Kuya Bodjie, Ate Sheena, Ging-ging, Ning-ning hahaha! Sino pa ba?

Tagged you here pala sis

Thanks!

8 Aug, 2008 @ 5:00 pm

Was a bit older na sa Batibot and I didn’t quite enjoy that show. I did when I was already a teacher na 🙂

Sus, tanda ko na talaga 😀

8 Aug, 2008 @ 5:03 pm

Ay, yeah Lynn, I also read that one of them is in a cast of that show which they made into a stage play in Broadway yata (not sure).

Mas ok ang mga shows nun, simple and really plots are are wonderful.

8 Aug, 2008 @ 5:10 pm

Cookie, medyo hindi ko yata carry nun ang humor ng Mork and Mindy but I remember in HS yata I used to watch The Golden Girls, I laugh when hear the laughters, tawa din ako.

What about CHIPS, A1, McGyver? Mas ok yung Bionic Woman noon compared to the new one now.

8 Aug, 2008 @ 5:13 pm

Geri, yup, Return Engagement. Mostly they show reruns naman. I remember also the Peter Pan on ice skates, hehehe…

I also watch Flor de Luna from time to time because of JC Bonnin 😀

Si Daimos, that was the robot I can’t name.

8 Aug, 2008 @ 5:16 pm

Cess, re Voltes V, me plaka pa ako niyan, yung maliit. Yung Mazinger Z, me coloring book pa ako. Talk about fanatic 😀

Hmmm…mahanap ko nga yung plaka, baka puwede ibenta sa eBay 😀

Its nice to remember these shows that we grew up with, Di ka yata masyado mahilig sa tv shows kasi yung 2 lang nasabi mo 🙂

8 Aug, 2008 @ 5:21 pm