Our fourth story for the Story Telling Narrative was about Franklin the Turtle, of that famous animated TV show. I didn’t really know that this has been turned into an animated show because we don’t have cable tv. Franklin is a character i have loved even before, when my daughter Trixie was a preschooler, learning to play with computer games.

The story Franklin is Lost talks about having fun with friends and not forgetting what your parents have asked you to do: follow what they told to do, or not to do. The story talks about friendship and the love of parents to their children. Warm feelings about loving and caring.

Yeah, i did manage to tell the story and go on with this activity after being harangued by this incident. Professionalism rules the day, not rants and false accusations. But I digress, I better save my breath on more important matters . Oh, I’m so loving this, I hope she would be able to read this.

This is the book:

Franklin is Lost by Paulette Bourgeois book

The children doing their design-your-Franklin activity. Yes, I drew them turtles 😉

We did a diorama. The children helped put up the trees which were made of rolled brown construction papers and crumpled green Japanese papers. We used a box top cover for the setting. Good thing we have a lot of plastic toy turtles in the center so each child got to choose a Franklin to play with. They had their turns playing their Franklins in the diorama.

UPDATE: one of the speech pathologists in the center used our diorama for her session yesterday 😉 I feel good.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 at 10:29 am and is filed under Being a (Special Ed) Teacher, Books, Challenge Yourself, Just For Fun, Language Development, Lessons in Life, Snapshots, special education, Teaching Techniques. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

22 May, 2008 @ 1:38 am
KK said:

Such a fun activity Teacher Julie! My Little K loves Franklin.

22 May, 2008 @ 7:16 am
lady cess said:

ya, i saw that post of yours but you closed the comment section. anyway, glad to know you’ve recovered from that incident.

i haven’t heard of franklin ever 🙂 i’ll look for that book. seems a good one for the kids.

23 May, 2008 @ 9:49 am
Princess said:

Another good find for me (pardon me, Tina). Since my vacation is almost here, I’ll have to use your site as a reference for things that will keep my grandchildren busy (para malibre din ako, hahahah)

23 May, 2008 @ 5:50 pm

The cover of that book is familiar. I think I’ve seen it somewhere but Yohan doesn’t have this book. It’s seems a nice one to add to his book collection.

That looks like a fun activity to do. Magawa nga with Yohan one of these days. 🙂

25 May, 2008 @ 11:08 am

Franklin is so cute plus the values the show teaches are good too. We even had old pc games with Franklin in it. Sayang, these don’t work na.

25 May, 2008 @ 11:12 am

Hay, naku Cess, I waited for a face-to-face encounter, wala,di dumating.

There’s Franklin show in Nickelodeon yata or Disney, not sure since we don’t have catv.

25 May, 2008 @ 11:19 am

Haha, good idea, Tita P. You can just provide them with miniature toys and let them make their own diorama using shoe boxes. You can also do what we did with my Herman the Helper post last year, an under the sea diorama.

25 May, 2008 @ 11:21 am

Rachel, I got this from Book Sale, PhP65.00 lang yan 😀

5 Feb, 2009 @ 2:40 pm

[…] eldest child was also trapped in the virtual world where Sesame Street characters, Franklin the Turtle, Arthur and D.W. as well as Lion King characters […]