photohunter7iq.png

Every Saturday, participants post photos based on a theme. The theme for this Saturday which is actually my Papa’s birthday, February 2, 2008, is NARROW.

Narrow can mean a lot of things so to be sure I don’t post people who are narrow-minded, I consulted answers.com and chose this definition: Painstakingly thorough or attentive; meticulous: narrow scrutiny.

Yup, I am that. And sometimes I can be narrow-minded too, for thinking that people can also think what I think is right, or proper or appropriate. But I won’t delay, I am challenging you to tell me what made me painstakingly thorough and attentive with these photos:

img_0280b.jpg
img_0282b.jpg
img_0300b.jpg

Of course, all these happened in just a day, when we had our Homeschoolers’ Science Centrum field trip. I thought we would be able to rest early but guess what?

img_0307b.jpg

“Hey Kids! Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping? Its 22:11 according to the cam’s time. Didn’t you get tired walking during the field trip?”

The day is almost done and I am reaching the narrow end of my patience. But then, I read that a French novelist named Honore de Balzac said: ” Hatred is the vice of narrow souls; they feed it with all their littleness, and make it the pretext of based tyrannies.” Ok, then, I would be more tolerant and understanding and patient now.

Or would I? πŸ˜€

Please click here to go to our other Photo Hunt entry. Thank you.

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008 at 5:00 am and is filed under About Town, Health, My Thoughts, On the Road, Photo Hunters, Snapshots. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

[…] Please click here to view our other Photo Hunt entries. […]

2 Feb, 2008 @ 8:17 am
mixednuts said:

Cute entry julie. I can truly relate to you.

• To the what, Mayi, “narrow scrutiny” of shoed feet in places where children play barefoot and parked cars using two spaces? Sometimes, even if its not me, I tend to notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

2 Feb, 2008 @ 9:17 am

Well, as a teacher, I was thinking that you carefully avoided photographing student faces. But then there is the car. But the car’s plates are not visible, so I’m sticking to anonymity!

• Yeah, anonymity is important, especially during this modern age with the latest tech gadgets. But you know Andrée, what really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where barefoot children play and the car, which is occupying two spaces in the parking lot. These things I really notice πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:17 am

I guess all of all, we should just make sure that we are not narrow minded! haha!

• Ah, Healy, that would be good to us, to not be narrow minded πŸ˜€ What really caught my narrpw scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things. Thanks for giving a good answer! πŸ™‚

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:24 am
carver said:

I enjoyed this post. I was thinking the pant legs on the jeans were in very clear focus and the child was a lovely blur. The car pulled all the way up the the end leaving room for others to drive by. The adorable children in the last one were very focused on what they were doing. Not sure if any of that has to do with your question but I tried. Have a great weekend.

• Thanks for giving guesses, Carver. What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things. I’m afraid the one about the car is opposite since it really parked using two spaces.  And my children, they do no tire easily, even when its past their bedtime πŸ˜€ Thanks!

2 Feb, 2008 @ 12:14 pm
napaboaniya said:

Julie, interesting dictation of narrow πŸ™‚ have a good weekend!!

• Here was what caught my narrow scrutiny: the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things. πŸ˜€ Hope your CNY was a blast!

2 Feb, 2008 @ 1:43 pm
Lynn said:

Kids are so energetic. We have to keep up with them. πŸ™‚

• Yeah, you’re right, Lynn, but sometimes its so tiring to keep up with them. What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things. πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

2 Feb, 2008 @ 1:49 pm
BlurMommy said:

I’m thinking feet and wheels. Interesting take! Happy weekend!

• BlurMommy, you got the correct answers partially. What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things. πŸ™‚

2 Feb, 2008 @ 3:31 pm
pat said:

Very interesting and creative post for the theme this week. πŸ™‚

Have a great weekend.

• Thanks Pat. Here are the “answers” to my question: What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things.  πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 10:26 pm
JC said:

Identifiable features are blurred, I guess. Happy b-day to your Papa!

• Thanks for the greetings for my Papa. Identifiable features were blurred, yes but What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 10:46 pm

*raises hand* Oh, oh, pick me! I know the answer – narrow scrutiny. Look how close the adult is standing to the (narrow) slide. She is keeping a close eye on those children. And the last photo? Very attentive indeed.

Those expressions … they look vaguely familiar … (have two boys who are SERIOUS gamers).

• Karen, you got it partially correct, keeping a close eye, yup, since she is the mother, but there is another clue why I highlighted the mom’s feet and the girl’s feet:  What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:13 pm
Jane said:

Love the slide pictures! Too Cute!

• Thanks, Jane, they were having fun while I was focusing on my narrow scrutiny, haha! What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:14 pm
marcia v said:

i agree w/ Carver Esp the narrow pant legs Good post Julie

• Yeah, the narrow pant legs that I would like to be able to wear too, lol! What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:20 pm
jesie said:

Wow! You have a great narrow, and interesting idea to bring those shots to the hunt.

Mine is up too. Enjoy.

• Thanks, Jesie.  What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:20 pm
mousey said:

I think the long time standing and the feet and legs are stress out.

nice pictures.

have a good rest!

• Yes, you are also partially correct Joanne. Thanks for giving guesses.  What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:54 pm

Great examples of narrow! πŸ™‚ We would agree with Andrée – you’ve made sure not to post any identifying photos when you don’t have permission to do so, or don’t want to reveal the information (ie. the license plate).

• Oh, I really do blur faces of persons not my family members that I did not get permission from  and other vital info that I put in this blog.  What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

2 Feb, 2008 @ 11:59 pm
Pearl said:

Simply creative way of depicting Narrow!. Have a good weekend!

PEaRL

• Thanks, Pearl. In those photos I presented, what really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 12:11 am
Yen said:

Nice photos! Great choices..

• Thanks, Yen, What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 12:51 am
Utah Mommy said:

Great shots for the theme! Happy weekend!
NARROW FEED THE ROAD

• Thanks, UtahMommy πŸ™‚ What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 1:04 am
A. said:

Yes, I think you must be narrowly focused on not identifying anyone without their permission. Great post!

• Now that I have been reading the comments, I would like to agree on the anonymity of people I didn’t ask permission to focus. What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks A! πŸ™‚

3 Feb, 2008 @ 1:46 am
liza said:

Nice post. Very creative. Have a blessed week ahead.

• Thanks, Liza.  What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 1:47 am

A very creative take on the theme. Great shots.

3 Feb, 2008 @ 2:49 am

Julie, great post! Very interesting! Have a great weekend!

• Thanks MaryT.  What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 2:59 am
ellen b said:

A day filled with lots of activity. Nice photos. Hope you can relax today…

• Thanks, Ellen B. Re my PH entries, what really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 3:36 am

Great post. I love the photos and the Balzac quote is so true. Happy weekend

• Thanks, Jams. Re my entry, what really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 3:48 am
Mel said:

You left me a comment on my site: “Can I join the Big Bang Link?

My blog’s name: Teacher Julie
URL: http://teacherjulie.com

Thank you very much! ”

In order to get onto the “Big Bang” master list you will have to post the list on your site(s). There is no need to tag anyone, just post it. Follow this link and copy/paste the list into a post on your site. Add your site(s) at the and of the list and then let me know and I will immediately add you to the master list.

Let me know when you have posted the list on this site(s) and then I will add you to the master list, which will enable your link to spread to the other sites on the list.

3 Feb, 2008 @ 6:48 am
Linda said:

Painstakingly attentive and thorough is the name of the game on any field trip with children!! My narrow post is up at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/prodoceo/472940/. Have a great weekend!

• Yup, I couldn’t agree with you more but  what really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

3 Feb, 2008 @ 8:01 am
Deb said:

Great pictures, though I am a bit stumped on whose ideas above are closest to what you intended! I am leaning towards the mom paying close attention explanation. Great mind tease!

Thanks for the visit!

• What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ But your reply was also a very good point. Thanks!

3 Feb, 2008 @ 8:26 am
mistyeiz said:

not too sure though but it’s an interesting take on the ‘narrow’ theme! πŸ™‚ thanks for the visit.

• What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

3 Feb, 2008 @ 9:38 am
Mama Meji said:

That’s a good illustration of the word narrow. BTW, I have questions about homeschooling in the Phils. I hope you don’t mind if I email you.

3 Feb, 2008 @ 2:14 pm
denz said:

wow! you have a very nice picture and I love the way you put consistency of the picture, indeed you have a great post! keep it up!!!

here’s mine:
photohunt-1
photohunt-2
Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

• Thanks, Denz. What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰

3 Feb, 2008 @ 3:48 pm
YTSL said:

Wow, looks like you put in a lot of thought and effort into this particular blog entry. Get the feeling that when you’re on the job, you can be very focused — not so much narrow- as single-minded! πŸ™‚

• Yup,I can be that too, focused and at times single-minded. What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

3 Feb, 2008 @ 5:24 pm

The first thing I noticed were the shoes. If I’m not mistaken that is a “shoes-off-please” area. As for the car, I think you intentionally blurred the plate number for privacy purposes.

Thanks for visiting my photo hunt. Yes, that farm is near our place. The land is owned by my MIL. My hubby and his cousin planted different kinds of crops in the area.

• What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things ;)  < --That was my response to everyone except to you and Noorin Tan (Photo Corners). Thanks for giving the correct answers, Rach, I guess as mothers, we tend to notice these things. Or we are just too too self-imposing, haha!

3 Feb, 2008 @ 6:28 pm

Tough one.
With the photos of kids I think that you’re supposed to leave shoes on these kinds of playground. And about the car, it’s not parked properly as the driver didn’t straighten car before leaving it… I can only guess :p

Great mind-teaser…

• What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ < --- That was my response to everyone. Congratulations, Noorin for giving the correct answers! :)

3 Feb, 2008 @ 7:44 pm
Sabine said:

Nice photos! But my attention span is too narrow at the moment to figure out your quiz πŸ˜‰
Thanks for your visit Julie; have a great Sunday!

• What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ How was the carnival, Sabine?

3 Feb, 2008 @ 8:09 pm
Bing said:

Hi Julie. Nice Photo hunt! If you have the time kindly visit my site, I just tagged you. Thanks!

3 Feb, 2008 @ 8:22 pm

Very nice post. Narrow is a tricky one.

3 Feb, 2008 @ 9:57 pm
Liz said:

Late at night, after a long day, it’s easy to be narrowly focused on wanting to rest!

• A good night’s rest is really welcome, Liz, every night! πŸ™‚ What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

4 Feb, 2008 @ 12:06 am
Angela said:

Great post….very creative….attending to detail…not to disclose too much information.

Thanks for your visit!

Happy Weekend!

• Attending to details and not disclosing too much information are good answers, Angela. What really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

4 Feb, 2008 @ 11:33 am
Prudence said:

I guess the others got to the answer before me πŸ™‚ But I was also thinking of #1 and #2 photo as attentive supervision of an adult to a child playing. As for the car, it was parked too close that its front wheels nearly hit that elevation.

• You are right on both your answers, DocTess but what really caught my narrow scrutiny were the “shoed” feet on the play area where children play barefoot and that car, parked using two spaces. I try not to but I really notice these things πŸ˜‰ Thanks!