What a fun night it was to be with friends, eating good food and having wonderful conversation. Last Friday night (January 25, 2008), we, Cookie, Lynn, Chateau and Wenchie with little Pio trooped to Bellissimo Ristorante Italiano located in Tomas Morato area in Quezon City, for a dinner and to informally launch The EATING CLUB. Hmmm…this promises to be a fun series of gastronomic adventures.

FOOD

img_0342b.jpg

Lynn and Chateau both ordered Pasta Montano

img_0343b.jpg

Wenchie’s Pasta Pescatore (Seafood Pasta)

img_0354b.jpg

My Linguini con Pollo (errr..I can’t remember the name so in English, its Linguini with Chicken and ham)

img_0348b.jpg

Quattro Stagioni Pizza (Four Seasons Pizza)

img_0355b.jpg

Pio (partly hidden) The Sweet Life or Rowena, TeacherJulie (me), Avocado Express or Lynn, Cesar (the owner) Scrooch Chronicles or Cookie and IMom or Chateau.

INTERIOR

img_0357b.jpg

That was hanging on the wall behind me. Interesting interior they got, with wonderful catchy music playing in the background. It was as if one was transported in time in Brooklyn, where the Mafia bosses were sitting in bars, smoking their pipes and talking in hush tones. I was even wondering if there was a secret room where a game of cards is going on πŸ˜€

Art Gallery

img_0359b.jpg
img_0365b.jpg

Paintings hanging on the wall which is a part of the Philippine Art Central and Panaghoy Children Foundation which had the affair that night we dined there. Nope,I didn’t know what the affair was until I read the small notice on that photo I took.

~o0o~

It is very nice to sit down and not have to wipe dirty faces and grit my teeth when the little ones are starting to get on each other’s nerves. And, now that this is gong to be a series of adventures, I gotta get up and work on my having my big bulky lower body front (screaming, screeching BILBIL!) have room for these foodies πŸ˜€

~o0o~

LINKS:

Wenchie’s Mommies Nite Out

Lynn’s The Eating Club

Cookie’s Bellissimo Ristorante Italiano

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2008 at 10:25 am and is filed under About Town, Interesting tidbits, Just For Fun, On the Road, Snapshots. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

[…] Bellissimo Ristorante […]

31 Jan, 2008 @ 10:41 am
Joni said:

WOW. Sarap. These photos are making me hungry. πŸ™

Is that Cesar Montano?? Pogi nya dyan ah, in fairness! hehe

• Yup, food was great. Cesar Montano is pogi pala in person. He drives a Hummer too πŸ˜€ Thanks for the visit, Joni!

31 Jan, 2008 @ 3:36 pm
Kongkong622 said:

Great post Julie. It was certainly a fun night and the food was really yummy. And Buboy was even yummier…este, gwapo pala..hehe πŸ™‚

Looking forward to our next eating escapade!

• Cookie, next time, I hope we can have Raquel with us since they are coming home πŸ™‚ Thank you for the wonderful time. Sa uulitin!

31 Jan, 2008 @ 5:46 pm
raqgold said:

uy, sali ako dyan… basta binges, hahaha πŸ˜€ uwi kami feb 18… will knock on your emails and ask for your private numbers so we could make a date.. and yes, ladies’ night out yan, galeng! The Eating Club, here I come!

• Sure, Raq, before you go, email me and also where you would be staying, baka malapit lang sa amin, wish lang…I will look forward to seeing you! πŸ™‚

31 Jan, 2008 @ 6:16 pm
chateau said:

Loved the Pasta Montano… would have loved it even more if it came with the Montano, hehe.

So where is the next eating adventure? Let’s be on the look out, we have a guest coming! See you soon, Raqgold!

• Chateau, kaw talaga, lol! I am looking for ward to the next eating adventure. πŸ™‚

31 Jan, 2008 @ 9:43 pm
Lynn said:

Hahaha, correct so Cookie about Cesar being yummier. Oooops, the kids might be reading. πŸ˜€ Anyway, I grin from ear to ear when I see our pictures about our night out at Bellissimo.

• I was surprised when I saw him Lynn, thought he was a little older looking but not much so πŸ™‚ Thanks for the wonderful time. Sa uulitin!

1 Feb, 2008 @ 5:21 am
analyse said:

naku, im dying with envy here! wish i could you in one of those nights out.

• Hope we might squeeze some time when you come back for a visit, Ana. I would love to meet you in person, my kabayan πŸ™‚

1 Feb, 2008 @ 5:04 pm
N!cE said:

Oh! Naiingit ako sa food Julie. πŸ™‚

N!cE

• Food was great though a little pricey but can be shared naman. One serving can be shared by two people, if hindi malakas kumain πŸ˜€

1 Feb, 2008 @ 10:44 pm
Rowena said:

Hi Julie, nice pics really. Good thing you remembered the names of the pasta we ordered…ako can’t remember na, was mesmerized by Cesar’s good looks (crush ko po yan before, he he), kaya nga I asked him to pose for pictures, ok ba (me vested interest pala)? Looking forward sa February get-together natin.

• Wenchie, actually, hindi ko matandaan, kinopya ko lang sa entry ni Cookie πŸ˜€ Hindi ko nga mapronouce yung iba eh, how much more can I remember. We have forgotten to take a photo of the menu kaya sayang…Talaga, crush mo dati siya? I hope we can have Raquel when we have our next “date” this February. I’m excited already πŸ™‚

2 Feb, 2008 @ 1:16 pm
mact said:

food looks yummy! now im craving for pasta and pizza.

• The food was yummy, yes, and the company is great, what more could one ask for? Thanks for the visit πŸ™‚

3 Feb, 2008 @ 10:32 am
janet said:

my gosh! i love italian food. well, i like food in general. lol. wish i could join your eating club too.

• Janet, there are a lot of bloggers where you are, you can probably go to any bloggers meet there. Try joining Photo Hunters (tnchick.com) and you will see a lot of Malaysian bloggers. πŸ™‚

[…] at Cesar Montano’s Bellissimo Ristorante Italiano when we had dinner a few months ago. Click here to read about the fun […]

4 Jul, 2008 @ 7:53 am
maiylah said:

looks like you all had some fun!
the name of the club sounds yummy … The Eating Club! πŸ™‚

[…] Yep, the resto doubles as his gallery. The first time I ate here was with my bloggin’ Eat-Club girl friends. […]

9 May, 2011 @ 3:26 pm
Raymond J. Sucgang said:

For me, the two major considerations in making the choice of restaurants to frequent is the flavor of food and the safety of food.

Bellissimo Ristorante pizza have crusts that are pugon-baked and that is the rationale why they are al dente (good chewy texture, but still crisp). The Sicily pizza of Bellissimo is my personal favorite. It is a superior pizza with plum tomatoes imported from Italy. The calorie value of Bellissimo Sicily pizza is only around 563 per serving. You can ask the chef to β€œsmolder” the pizza a little bit , to attain the slight char and smoky flavor (as there are burning tannins in wood-fired oven). If you wish to know the molecular mechanism in the difference between pugon-baked pizza and electricity driven oven-baked pizza, try this simple experiment: with the use of an infrared thermometer, measure the temperature inside the pugon oven and compare it with the reading from an electric oven. The temperature of the pugon oven coagulates the proteins in the surface more rapidly, therefore retaining the moisture in the crust and in the cheese.

When it comes to pasta, the Aglio Olio is my first choice. The Bellissimo Aglio Olio has less sugar, less lipids, some salt/sodium in moderate amount and has thiamine and iodine (based on a proximate analysis of a taken-out sample last July 2009). A serving Bellissimo Aglio Olio is only between 110-160 calories depending on the amount of parmesan cheese you put; this is equivalent to only 1 two-stick Kit-Kat chocolate bar.

In terms of microbiological safety of food and drinks from Bellissimo, I myself have analyzed the coliform count of the pizza and the iced tea by means of a methyl umbelliferyl galactoside reaction. Pizza, pasta and iced tea from Bellissimo are free from harmful E coli. X-ray Fluorescence Analysis of the iced tea proved that the iced tea contains beneficial minerals and does not contain unsafe elements. Liquid scintillation counting of the iced tea components revealed no synthetic or non-plant-derived ingredients.