firstclassfriendshipaward.jpg

I got another award from Feng, who was one of my virtual friends early on in my blogging adventure. Feng became a real friend when we finally met in person during the PinoyMomsNetwork lunch last summer. Thank you very much Feng, from the bottom of my heart.

Friendships, whether virtual or in real-life are not measured by distance, time and changes.

Friendship has no borders.

Friendship is still friendship even when opinions clash because it is a dynamic interpersonal relationship between and among people. Acceptance is one key element of friendship.
I am very proud to pass on this award to the following people who I feel a connection to, whether in real life or in virtual life:

• Analyse, whom I admire with her ability to adapt in a foreign country in a male-dominated work place without losing sight of her family values and Philippine roots. Now, if we can have the dinner date with other PMN as soon as you fly in, that would be great 🙂
  • Myrna, otherwise known as Annamanila, who does not only weave beautiful words in her posts but makes me feel good as she cheers me on and positively responds to my posts, I feel a connection to you (I hope you do too), even before I met you in person.
  • Joni, my blog theme designer whom I have not met (yet) in person but I feel connected to, in more ways than one.
  • Raquel, you write a lot of good posts which I learn a lot from.
  • Tina, you are one prolific blogger that I feel connected to.
  • Mary, you are nice and candid and I feel the hidden messages in your posts.
  • Auee, I love your quirky and sensible posts. Its just like having a wonderful bud beside you, never running out of topics to talk about.
  • Feng, who inspire me to blog more about my teaching experiences so others could learn (I hope) from it.

Now, if I could only reach for that roll of tissue since I am getting a bit emo here 🙂

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 at 9:20 am and is filed under Award, Interesting tidbits, Lessons in Life, My Thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Nov, 2007 @ 10:00 am
Joni said:

Aw. This is so sweet of you! Thank you for including in your list of first-class (blogger) friends. hehe. 🙂 Someday magmimeet din tayo. Then maybe we can talk about your next blog design? ahehe. God bless po. 🙂

7 Nov, 2007 @ 10:31 am
annamanila said:

I want to accept this trophy with a torrent of choice and unforgettable words. Alas, I can only say: this is IMPORTANT TO ME.

7 Nov, 2007 @ 10:45 am
feng said:

you know T.Julie, sometimes I realize, I’m spending more bonding time pa nga with blogfriends vs. friends beyond blogsphere.

thanks for the award! at tama bang ibalik sa akin? 🙂

7 Nov, 2007 @ 11:06 am
KK aka Tina said:

Hi Teacher Julie,

Thank you very much for the award. I’m touched. Prolific ey? hehehe 😉 Oo nga eh may Carpal Tunnel na yata ako.

Seriously, I really appreciate that you even thought of me to be included in your list.

7 Nov, 2007 @ 4:36 pm
raqgold said:

huh, am speechless for awhile there. from the bottom of my heart, salamat. i am inspired by you, teacherjulie. i echo feng, i learn more and bond better with my blog pals… though mas maganda if we get to meet each other. lapit na kami umuwi dyan 😀

7 Nov, 2007 @ 6:40 pm
auee said:

Thanks Teacher Julie!! I feel bad I haven’t been very active with my blog-hop-reads. And I’m really happy you can appreciate my “kwento”
😛

7 Nov, 2007 @ 9:21 pm
analyse said:

aw, touched naman ako. you made me want to jump in a plane and have dinner with you. honestly. next time, i’ll really find time..

and hey, thanks for giving me this award, i really appreciate it..

8 Nov, 2007 @ 1:18 am
Mary said:

aaawww, pass over that box of tissue pls! I feel the same with you. and I totally agree! friendship whether in virtual or real life is still friendship. Thanks for being a friend to me! 😉

[…] In light of this topic, I want to acknowledge the “friendship awards” I got from two bloggers. One is from Teacher Julie who’s been using the very first WP theme I made (that I’ve been wanting to update but I’ve got no time) and whose blog was featured in the newspaper a few months ago (I actually have a copy of this Philippine Daily Inquirer. Thanks Romzkee for giving it to me!). She included me in her list of virtual friends to whom she passed the first class friendship award and described me as “my blog theme designer whom I have not met (yet) in person but I feel connected to, in more ways than one.” *Sniff sniff* Please pass the tissue! […]