cool_mom_small_black_150x45_2.jpg

Feng, a Filipina wife like me and a fellow PinoyMomsNetwork member gave me this award a few weeks ago. Thanks Feng for thinking of me as a Cool Mom. I do get stressed out when things are not going as planned. I can say I am as busy as a bee with so much to do with so little time. Thanks Feng, from the bottom of my heart. 🙂

I now pass on this Cool Mom badge to the following moms who inspire me to do better, who warm my heart with their honesty and candidness and who strive to excel with what they do. I salute you Cool Moms and here you are in alphabetical order:

• Belle, for nurturing her daughters gifts.
  • Christianne, for her devotion to her daughter Bochie.
  • Dexie, for her being to able to juggle so many tasks including childrearing, blogging, fitness, soaps and cooking. Did I miss something, Dexie ?
  • Dine, what else can I say, the mother of seven children who bring her joy.
  • Eastcoastlife, for showing how to have fun as a mom.
  • Noemi, for being like a sister to her daughters. And for devoting herself to her advocacy about Luijoe.
  • Patricia, for teaching her children Christian values.
  • Rhodora, for her devotion to her three children. If only you could bi locate yourself, I know you would.
  • Trina, for devoting herself to homeschooling Nitoy and providing him with meaningful activities. You inspired me to home school,Trina.

To all the Filipina mothers who love their children unconditionally, who strive to do their best for their families without losing themselves in the process, this is for you too.

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 1st, 2007 at 6:30 am and is filed under Award, Interesting tidbits, Lessons in Life, Parenting. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 Nov, 2007 @ 2:16 pm
Belle said:

Julie, thank you so much for the award you bestowed on me. thank you! thank you from the bottom of my simple heart.

• Belle, you reared your daughters wonderfully, they being able to hone their talents with your encouragement and at the same time, they do well in school, that makes you a Cool Mom! You deserve this my friend, 🙂

1 Nov, 2007 @ 7:00 pm
rhodora said:

Thank you very much for passing on the Cool Mom badge to me, Julie. I am so touched. Cheers to us Filipina moms!

• Rhoda, how would you not deserve this award, traveling several hundreds of kilometers (200+?) to be with your youngest daughter while managing Jaypee’s and your husband’s needs who  are in your house? I would give you the power to bi locate, if only I can do that. 🙂

1 Nov, 2007 @ 8:40 pm

Wow! Thanks for the Cool Mom award. Am I the only non Filipina Mom? I’m honoured. hehe….

• Nope, ECL, Patricia is an American. Regards to Jaymes 🙂

2 Nov, 2007 @ 1:48 am
annamanila said:

Hey. If I am not a cool mom, don’t I make it to cool grandmom? 🙂 Hey hey .. those names you mentioned, i know half of them .. they’re really cool! You’re coolness too, TJ.

• You are a cool grandma, AM. And a cool writer with a cool sense of humor. Obvious ba, I’m a fan? 🙂

2 Nov, 2007 @ 7:27 am
lutchi said:

napadaan teacher Julie, ang congratulations for being a cool mom. TC

• Thanks Lutchi, and thanks for the visit. 🙂

2 Nov, 2007 @ 7:37 am
Patricia said:

Wow! This is my favorite award yet! I can’t wait to tell my daughter…and my sons! =) I can certainly understand why you, dearest Julie, were given this award. You are so sweet and I am most honored to have received it from you. I’d hug you and bake you a big batch of chocolate chip cookies if I knew how to send them through cyberspace! Blessings!

• Patricia, thank you and I would gladly receive those chocolate chip cookies in my mind. At least, I won’t gain a pound, LOL! Regards to your sons and daughter Emily. Keep posting those wonderful photos and inspiring posts 🙂

2 Nov, 2007 @ 7:59 am
Raquel said:

Wow, another award, congratulations….you deserve it Julie. More awards to come! 😉

• Thanks, Raq. Thanks for the visit too 🙂

2 Nov, 2007 @ 8:21 am
noemi said:

cool. thanks Julie. I love being a cool mom,

• You have shown how being a cool mom is, Noemi, through your posts and by having a wonderful family. Thanks for everything 🙂

2 Nov, 2007 @ 6:06 pm
Christianne said:

Awww, thanks Julie! Nagulat ako doon, I don’t usually get these awards 🙂 And congratulations, you definitely deserve the award.

• Christianne, do not underestimate the things you do for your daughter. When I read your posts, it is almost always about her. Doesn’t that make you a Cool Mom? 🙂

4 Nov, 2007 @ 11:07 pm
Trina said:

Julie, thanks so much for this award! I blog about Nitoy’s homeschooling mainly to keep records of our lessons and activities in lieu of transcripts, so when people (other moms, especially) find our blog and are somehow inspired by what we do, my husband and I are humbled. We are also cheered and inspired to continue homeschooling and asking ourselves every single morning, “So what fun thing shall we do with our child today?” come rain or shine. Thank you.

• You are so tireless, Trina, doing so many fun activities which to tell you the truth, I hope I can do. I think passing up on Calvert was not a wise decision for me as I see all those wonderful activities included in the program, (it was then because it was a little expensive) but then, I am too busy to have those activities for him and I would be feeling guilty if I am not able to do all those activities. Keep up the good work and continue what you do, you are one great teacher-mom, dad is too. Mabuhay ka 🙂