Last year I wanted to dwell on one word that will help me throughout the year. I decided on the word INSPIRE to well, inspire me to do better and bigger things.
I long to “move the earth” with a few woven words, stringed in a few sentences in not so many paragraphs that will melt the hardened resolve, tug at heartstrings and make the mind wonder and wander.”
Did I inspire? Did I become an inspiration last year? I can’t answer that personally but I feel I did. From others telling me they replicated my simple recipes, to people who tell me that being a special education teacher is a noble profession to others who tell me that being a mom of three is difficult but I make it look easy, I think I inspired the few who took time to tell me these things.
This year, I want to focus again on one word that will define my actions and decisions for 2015: SIMPLIFY.
Simplify for me means…
- Choosing my “battles”, those that are worthy of my time and effort
- Zeroing on doing more work than doing more talk: Less Talk, More Action
- Choosing to talk more sensibly
- De-cluttering by removing emotional baggage that makes the heart heavy and worries the mind
- De-cluttering by removing things that invariably are deemed worthless except for taking up space
- Not buying things that are not important (this we have been doing for a few years now that the children are older) that end up as clutter
- Having achievable goals to lessen disappointments
- Lessen artificial ingredients, both in food and in life. I don’t need fake food and fake people.
- Give more importance to offline connections than online ones.
- Write blog posts that will inspire others to feel better, do better and become better persons.
I can’t hold on to a lot of things that divide my time and make me lose focus on my goals.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~Confucius